Last Updated on December 23, 2021
If you have just purchased a new Netgear router or an old router and facing trouble logging in. Here we have explained in detail how to retrieve your NETGEAR admin password.
Important: If you have not enabled Netgear password recovery in your router and have forgotten or changed your password, you will have to reset the Netgear router to factory default.
Please click on the following link to see how I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router?
Steps to retrieve or change my NETGEAR admin password using the password recovery feature:
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Following are the details on how to retrieve your NETGEAR admin password.
Note: Only Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers are supported in this process but not Safari browsers.
- Open a web browser.
Open your web browser, like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome, on your computer connected to your router’s WIFI network.
- Type routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com in URL.
- A login popup will be displayed.
A login window displays.
- Select Cancel.
- You will see the NETGEAR Router admin Password Recovery window.
NETGEAR Router admin Password Recovery window shows up.
- Type your NETGEAR router serial number.
Enter your router’s serial number. It’s printed on the label on the router. Check the image below.
- Answer the security questions.
Answer the security questions you entered while setting up Netgear router password recovery.
- If you cannot answer your security questions, you will have to reset the router.
If you cannot answer your security questions, you will have to reset the router. See: How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router?
- Click Continue.
- NETGEAR router admin password is retrieved.
Your admin password is displayed.
- Save your displayed password.
Copy or save your displayed password.
To set your preferred user name and password, follow the below steps:
- Click Settings > Administration > Set Password.
- Complete the fields on the Set Password page.
- Click Apply.
- Your password is reset now.