Extend your coverage by connecting your router to an extension. Say goodbye to dead zones and failed connections by getting WiFi where you want it, even in difficult-to-reach spots. We propose the following guidelines for all other extenders. The steps below will assist you in configuring your extender.
How can I get started with my NETGEAR WiFi range extender?
- To configure your extender, follow these steps: Plugin into your extender.
- The LED Power lights up.
- If your Power LED is not illuminated, push the Power or On/Off button.
- Link your computer or mobile device to the WiFi network of the extender.
- NETGEAR_EXT is the extender’s default WiFi network name (SSID). The extender network either does not have a password or has a password as the default.
- Your device may notify you that the Internet is unavailable. This is understandable. Maintain the WiFi connection.
- Start a web browser and type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- The page New NETGEAR WiFi Extender Setup appears.
- NEW EXTENDER SETUP may be accessed by clicking or tapping on it.
- If you are asked to accept the terms and conditions, click or touch YES, or I AGREE.
- Select the admin credentials for your extender.
- These credentials are required to access the settings of your extender using a web browser.
- We recommend leaving the default User Name as admin and using a different password from your WiFi network password.
- From the drop-down choices, choose and answer two security questions.
- If you forget your extender’s admin credentials, you can use these questions to regain them.
- Then, ‘NEXT‘ should be clicked or tapped.
- If your extender asks if you want to utilise the NETGEAR Genie, choose YES or CONTINUE.
- Your extender looks for nearby WiFi networks.
- Select the radio buttons for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi Network Names for your network (SSID).
- If your networks aren’t visible, click or tap See More.
- NEXT should be clicked or tapped.
- Enter the password for your current network and then click or tap NEXT.
- Choose your extender’s SSIDs and passwords. Visit to know about How to change Wifi SSID (network name) & password on router?
- The extender uses the name of your current network with _2GEXT appended to the end for the 2.4GHz band and _5GEXT appended to the end for the 5GHz band, by default. By default, the password for each bar is the same as the password for your current network.
- (Optional) You may use the same WiFi name and password for mesh extenders as you use for your current network. If your extender supports it, tick the Enable One WiFi Name check box to enable this function.
- This enables your extender to utilise the same WiFi name (SSID) and password as your current WiFi network.
- Now, NEXT should be clicked or tapped.
- The extension applies to your settings. This may take a few moments.
- The extender shows the WiFi network name (SSID) and password for each of your extender’s bands. Take notice of the following.
- Go to the WiFi settings of a device connected to the extender network and connect to the extender’s new network.
How can I use my NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender to login?
- Click or tap Enter.
- A login page displays.
- For troubleshooting assistance, see I can’t access www.mywifiext.net; what do I do?
- Enter your administrator’s username and password.
- Please keep in mind that your user name might be an email address.
- If you’ve forgotten your login name or password, go to the Username & Password Help page.
- To change your login information, click here., see How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR range extender?.
- Click or tap login.
- The Status page loads.
- Click or press the Menu symbol if it appears in your browser.
- The menu for the extender appears.
- To examine and modify your extender’s settings, go to Settings.
How can I use my WiFi Mesh Extender or Nighthawk Mesh Extender to log in?
After setting up your WiFi mesh or Nighthawk mesh extender, you can log in to the extender to view and change the settings.
To access your NETGEAR WiFi mesh or Nighthawk mesh extender, follow these steps:
How can I use my Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Range Extender to enable or disable One WiFi Name?
For enabling or disabling the One WiFi Name functionality, follow these steps:
Open a web browser on a computer or mobile device linked to your extender’s network.
Log in to your extender as follows:
- Enter and enable the One WiFi Name function in the browser’s address field.
- If you enabled the One WiFi Name feature, enter one of the following URLs:
- Windows-based computer. http://mywifiext.net
- Mac computers and iOS devices. http://mywifiext.local
- Android devices. http:// <extender’s IP address> (for example, http://192.168.1.3)
- For more information, visit How do I log in to my Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender?.
- A login page displays.
- Click the login button after entering your admin email address and password.
- The Status page loads.
- Navigate to Settings > Wireless.
- The Wireless page loads.
- Select the Yes radio option to enable the One WiFi name function.
- If you enable the One WiFi Name functionality for the first time, you must execute the Smart Setup for NETGEAR WiFi Extender. To perform the Smart Setup, go to the Status page and click the SMART SETUP button.
- Select the No radio option to turn off the One WiFi Name functionality.
- If you disable this functionality, you may enter a new SSID and password in the Network Name (SSID) and WiFi Password sections on this page for the extender’s 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. Mesh functionality will be turned off. Visit for more information about How to change Wifi SSID (network name) & password on router?
- Now, SAVE your progress by clicking the SAVE button.
Visit for details on Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup
Article you might be intrested in: Step-by-Step Guide for Netgear WiFi Extender Firmware Update