NETGEAR WiFi USB adapter offer networking connectivity to laptops as well as other laptops and computers. This connectivity makes sure that computers have access to various resources, including internet access, Internet, or printers. Netgear provides several wireless / Wifi USB adapters that require only three steps to install. The driver is a program that communicates with the adapter and computer. Hardware must be installed to ensure that the NETGEAR WiFi USB adapter is operating properly. Furthermore, We should properly configure network when connected to the internet.
In order to install a Netgear USB wireless adapter only a few steps are needed.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Place the CD into the CD-ROM drive.
Switch on your computer. Place the CD that came along with your Netgear adapter into the CD-ROM drive.
Click Install Driver and Utility.
Simply click “Install Driver and Utility” within the Netgear pop-up. The installation guide window appears after you have inserted the CD. If it doesn’t, go to “My Computer,” double-click the CD-ROM drive, and then click twice on the executable files “autorun.exe.”
Follow the installation steps of the wizard.
Follow your InstallShield Steps of the wizard. This wizard guides you through the process of installing. Choose your country, then hit “Finish” when you are done “Finish” button when complete. If prompted, restart your computer.
Using NETGEAR WiFi / Wireless USB Adapter
- Remove any protective cover and then plug the USB adapter into a USB port on your PC. If you intend to leave the adapter for a longer period of time you can try the port located that is located on the back of your computer, if it is an office.
- Select “Install the software automatically” and then click the “Next” button in the “Found New Hardware” window. The new wizard for installing hardware asks you to finish the installation process. Follow the steps to complete the installation process.
- Select “Yes” when asked if you want the installation of this Netgear Smart Wireless Settings program. After that, click “Finish” when the installation is completed. If prompted, restart your computer.
Configure Your Network
- Click on the Netgear icon located in the system tray, next to the computer’s clock. This will open”Smart Wizard Wireless Settings Utility. “Smart Wizard Wireless Settings Utility.”
- Enter your network’s SSID or choose one in the drop-down list. In the “Settings” tab, enter the network’s SSID in the “Network Name (SSID)” box. Or, you can click on the drop-down arrow, then choose your network in the drop-down list.
- Select the “Apply” button to save your modifications.
- Make sure you confirm the installation. Click on the status icon on the tray of your system to confirm that it is the same as your network’s name. Verify that you have a status indication on your device that is in good working order which means you have an active connection. Make sure you connect to the Internet and send an experiment print to confirm the connection to the internet resource
- How do I lookup my NETGEAR home serial number?
- How to setup a NETGEAR WiFi router without a modem?
- NETGEAR Router Login
- How do I retrieve my NETGEAR admin password?
- NETGEAR Router Setup | NETGEAR Firmware Update | NETGEAR VPN Setup
- How do I Register my NETGEAR router using the Nighthawk app?